Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

IR's import but not available?

HelixMan

I was wondering if anyone has seen this: I copied my IR's into the IR list in Helix Edit and they show in the list but I can't assign them to their preset IR blocks.  I used both import from file & drag n drop - same result.  I noticed the font is dull compared to the 1 and only IR that would show up in the preset assign list.  Thot I must be missing something - pilots guide was no help.  Thanks!

Right - that's how it's supposed to work.  The problem is the IR will not assign to the block for some reason.  I did a full reset after that last update and had to re-import everything.  Presets - no problem.  IR's look like they import but when I assign to the IR block they won't take.  The left/right slider shows only 1 IR even though the IR list at left shows they're all imported.  The 1 IR is brighter than the rest in the IR list.

Where are you sourcing the IRs from?
I had this happen when I accidentally used some IRs that were meant for a different modeler (ie: Axe-Fx, Kemper, etc). 

The "incorrect" IRs loaded into the Helix just fine, but when assigning them to a block, it wouldn't work. 

Once I used a Helix compatible IR, it worked just fine. 

Mine are from Greg DeLuune made for Helix.  A lot of guys on this forum have his IR's. They worked fine until I did that last update and did a reset.  I've been doing updates all along since I got one of the 1st units in Oct 2015.  But first time I did a factory reset.  Maybe should not have done that.

I have not done 2.71 yet - 1 behind.  I'll try that and see if the IR problem is fixed.  I always read the instruction and fixes and follow the steps pretty close.  I'll report back on this thread when  I get it updated - make sure it's the latest driver/edit/firmware.  Not gonna do a total reset again tho...