Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp clean boost

ruperthawkes

9 minutes ago, ruperthawkes said:

I would like to use my HX stomp with an acoustic that has a passive pickup.  I normally use a pedal with a 10db clean boost.  Can I replace this with the HX Stomp, in other words is there a way to add a 10db clean boost?   Ta

There are literally a crapload of ways to do it with the Stomp.

There are quite a few ways to do this....put in an eq set to flat, but adjust the level on it to give your signal a boost, adjust the output level itsel, put in a compressor and adjust its level, etc. Those are things that come to mind right away. 

Are you new to using effects? I don't mean this in a smarmy way, I am sincere. If you aren't new to using effects, just about any effect you've ever used is in there. So whatever the pedal you used to give it a 10dB boost should be in there. Was it a compressor? Or just something that only boosts the signal? There is an "effect" called Gain (I think, I'm not at home) that's in the same section/area as the volume pedal. does nothing but boost the signal and I think it's level parameter is in dB. If you are new to using effects, then the LA compressor or the aforementioned Gain should be a good starting point. Put either of those at the very beginning. There are also two options for the input, Instrument and Line. You will want to make sure it's on Instrument.

For boosting I just use the "gain block". I find it just makes things louder/quieter without altering the tone at all.  However, with a passive acoustic I would likely want to add a little "color". The "LA Comp" and the "Studio TubePre" (if available in the Stomp) would be very good for that. As others have said already, there are many, many ways to achieve this with any HX product... including the stomp.