Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - mimiq?

ruperthawkes

The Double Take (in the Modulation FX) is similar but is not as good in my opinion.  I prefer to use a small pitch shift on the right side set to only about 8 cents or so and to 100% mix.  I also add 25-30ms of delay (available in Simple Pitch FX). Dry left side and pitch shift of right.  This is my preferred way to go stereo if my Mimiq is not available.

3 hours ago, ruperthawkes said:

Is there anything like a TC Electronics Miniq pedal in the HX Stomp?   Ta.

I've gotten the HX's "Double Take" to do really well for me. If I remember right it can have up to four, and it has a slop factor to make it sound messier and more human like.  I'd give it a try at least. 

DarhHollis's idea about the pitch shifter is a good one too. 

It would be interesting to see what happened if you mixed the ideas. 

I put the Mimiq in a stereo loop as the last thing only before stereo delay and reverb.

I get a weird phasing issue with the Double Take so I don't use that on guitar. 

I did start using my HX Stomp for vocal processing and I think the Double Take is good for giving vocals a nice stereo separation.

2 hours ago, steelstringer said:

I’m using the Double Take (stereo) block to fatten up a few presets. Anyone have any advice on placement? My gut says right after the cab, which makes it the first stereo effect, and before any other effects. Thoughts? 

I definitely tend to put it earlier in the chain. My thinking is the earlier the more accurate and less muddy it is when it doubles, triples, or quadruples the signal That may be crazy thinking though, but it does seem to be less muddy using it long before delays, reverbs, etc.

In fact, lately I've used it as its own separate path (Path B) which most of the time splits off after the cab - but sometimes I even do it at the very front of the signal chain without any processing -  and then feeds back into Path A at the very end. Sometimes I add another block to path B to tweak that. Often not.

I don't know, like most things Helix oriented it just seems like there's a near infinite way to play with this stuff. I love the double take's possibilities.