Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 system charging issue

rampig59

I have not used my Relay G10 for several months and now when the system is plugged in for charging, the base flashes RED and so does the transmitter.

After a few minutes the transmitter changes to a flashing GREEN and then goes back to flashing RED.

If I remove the transmitter from the base, the base flashes WHITE and there is NO LIGHT on the transmitter.

My software has the latest update installed.

HELP!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is just a guess, but somebody above mentioned the unit hadn't been used for several months...rechargeable batteries don't like that. Once they're dead long enough, they won't take a charge anymore. Try it with an old cell phone, tablet, ipod, etc.... or leave a vehicle sitting for an extended period without a trickle charger hooked up. At some point, there's no resurrecting them.

• Like 1

Hi everyone .. 

I solved !! ..

I have downgrade the transmitter to version  1.03, I previous updated to 1.04 .. 

now it's working again ....

hope this work with you .. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 12:02 PM, tobiak said:

Hi everyone .. 

I solved !! ..

I have downgrade the transmitter to version  1.03, I previous updated to 1.04 .. 

now it's working again ....

hope this work with you .. 

After I have updated, my transmitter stopped charging. Tried to revert back to the old firmware but it the software cannot detect my transmitter.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem as everyone above.  I have a feeling my unit has just crapped out.  I see that you can buy just the transmitter for $99 instead of the transmitter plus base for $169.  Problem is, I don't know if the transmitter is bad and won't take a charge or the receiver base is bad and won't charge the transmitter.  First question is how you can tell which piece is not working.  Second question is whether a new transmitter will work with the old base.

20 hours ago, rmbentley said:

First question is how you can tell which piece is not working.

You can't.

Second question is whether a new transmitter will work with the old base.

It should... but as you can see, the firmware "fix" for the battery overheating problem has caused various other problems for a number of us. Open a support ticket and see what they tell you. Personally, I'll only continue to use the two units I have with their diminished capacity and intermittent charging issues until the batteries crap out entirely, and then I'll be looking for something else.

There is a firmware (1.06) for the G10T. Should take care of the flashing glitches. Not sure will improve the battery charge lifespan, but I'm happy they quickly reacted to a evident issue.

"We have determined that certain Relay® G10T wireless transmitters with v1.05 firmware may not charge optimally within warm environments. The v1.06 firmware update addresses this issue to ensure correct charging behavior, as well as improving the response of the LED to more accurately display charging status.

The v1.06 update also incorporates the important safety updates from the v1.05 firmware released in March of this year."

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have both the g10 and the g10s. The g10 isn't 2 yrs old and when I put the transmitter in charger it will not stop blinking green. It used to so I know something is wrong. My guess is that it's not taking a full charge. The g10s has been a P.O.S. since I bought it. The g10 has better reception. You can't walk 10 feet away from the g10s without it dropping out. I have had no success in updating either unit so I have decided since line6 customer service doesn't seem to give a hoot I will throw both in the garbage and never buy another line6 product nor will I recommend them. Thank you very much. 

Yep, me too.  Had my G10 II and G10S for only five months, I use it just about every day but recently I've had trouble charging it and now it won't charge at all.  Tried to update but the Line 6 updater does not recognise the G10 II presumably because it has no power, although it's plugged into the receiver/charger which is plugged into my Windows 10 PC.  I've also tried charging it in my Yamaha THR30II but no joy there either.  So that's £225 down the drain, or a load of agro getting it sorted, maybe. I should have known better really, line 6's reputation is as well documented as it is deserved.  

• 2 years later...