Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Daisychaining Powercabs

Thark

Here’s a (possiby silly) question that popped in to mind as I woke up today. What would happen if you were to daisychain *more* than two powercabs together?  For example, could, say, six powercabs be stacked (ala Marshall stacks) and linked together via L6 link cables.? Admittedly, it would be an expensive set of stacked speakers but setting that aside for the moment, would it work?

The manual tells that you can have stereo going from your pedal via L6 link into one PC+  then output PC+ one into input L6 link PC+ two....

But i don't know if it works for more than two PC+. I don't believe that it could be well separated right/left

I think the best way would be to go from left XLR/TRS from your device to the XLR input 1/2 on the PC+ then the other 2 PC+. The same for the right side.

The other question would be to change the model sim, you have to plug a lot of midi cables.....The next firmware upgrade will provide a way to choose this for two PC+ in Helix but no more....

On the other hand, i don't see the need to have more than two PC+. 

You plug the 2 ones and, for big lives for example, you go direct into FOH in stereo.....

Bonjour, Steve. This idea is just something that occurred to me one day. I wasn’t really concerned about running in stereo or even whether one uses midi cables or the L6 digital cable in the next firmware update. It seems to me that if the digital signal is available on the output of the PC+ it should be possible to pass it on to the next PC+ in the chain. If this is the case then it should be possible to connect more than two PC+ cabs together. Also, if the digital signal can pass from cab to cab, then (after the next upgrade) the “change speaker model”  should reach each cab.

This is just a fanciful thought on my part. I do own two PC+ cabs and they are certainly more than enough for my needs. It would be cool however to try hooking up three or more cabs. :)

20 hours ago, Thark said:

If this is the case then it should be possible to connect more than two PC+ cabs together. Also, if the digital signal can pass from cab to cab, then (after the next upgrade) the “change speaker model”  should reach each cab.

Yes, i think it would be able to but i've seen that in the next helix's update, you've only got two PC+'s accessible parameters.

I assume that you can program a preset with a FRFR or a Green cab on one hand and a cream speaker on the other one....

So, as for stereo preset, i don't know how it will behave in those cases and how the following PCs will be supplied....