Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copying a Patch not working

TBone55

I'm trying to copy an existing patch into another location on the same list in order to set it up for my single coil guitar but the usual copy/paste method is not working. I get the same patch name to show up in the location but none of the effects or amps show up. I've done a search on the forums and there's nothing about this happening. It seems simple enough to do but for some reason it's not working. Am I missing a step or is there a problem with my POD?

Thanks.

Okay.

Step 1. Right click on the patch to be copied. (it gets highlighted)

Step 2. Right click again on the patch to be copied. The menu comes up with the choice of actions., copy, cut, etc.

Step3. Left click on the Copy option.

Step 4. Left click on the new location to place the copied patch.

Step 5. Right click on the mouse to bring up the paste function.

Step 6. Left click on the mouse the paste function.

At this point, the copied patch name appears in the new location but none of effects or amp are visible. If I click on the new location name it reverts back to a blank patch and the patch name disappears. 

Thanks.

You may actually only be copying/pasting the patch name. In Steps 1 and 4 try double-clicking on the locations to make sure that they become the active patch/preset.

An alternate method in HD Edit (I think) is to CTL/Drag/drop the preset from the source to target locations.

If neither of those work let's try to narrow down the problem. Try closing the HD Edit program and disconnect the usb. Use the device itself to perform the Copy. Does that method work?

Double clicking in step 4 did not work. I noticed that the asterisk that normally shows up when you change anything in the patch indicating a save should be made never shows up. I disconnected the usb and was able to copy the patch from 1A to 1B no problem. Re-connected the usb to the board and started up the HD editing program. Both locations have the patches in the editor now. Guess it's a glitch with the editor? 

I tried the Alt/Crtl drag and drop and it worked. I did double click on the original patch to make sure it was the active preset and then double clicked on the new location to make it active ( a blank at that point). Well, at least one method worked.

I think I'm going to try a complete factory reset of my POD. I'm having issues with the volume and wah assignments. They should automatically be assigned to Exp-2 and Exp-1 respectively but it's not happening. The wah stays on Exp 2 and there's nothing on Exp-1.