Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp and midi controller

Fabiojk

Hello,

i have a Brunetti Vector looper and i use it for controller via midi my H&K amp and my pedal with a looper. I wanna buy the hx stomp to use for effects in my send and return and command it via midi. I read The HX manual and the only way to change the snapshot and the presenta is to recall the specific CC or PC. Unfortunatly The Vector can’t send personal CC or PC and my question is:

Can Hx “learn” the midi message? Is there any way to program for my use and recall the preset in prophet way? 

Any suggestion for resolve this problem?

This is a manual of my vector: http://www.brunetti.it/MANUALS/ENG/Vector - ENG.pdf

thank you for your help!

Doesn't "Example D" in that manual say:
"Recalling a preset in PRESET mode, Vector generates thru the MIDI OUT, on the midi channel 1, the Program Change with the same number shown by the display. All the 28 Program Change can be used to control other midi units."
?

So you could have access to 28 presets on the Stomp, at least. Or perhaps you are looking for a mapping function where (say) PC 1 corresponds to patch 17 on the Stomp? AFAIK that isn't possible.

7 hours ago, MikeBoth said:

Doesn't "Example D" in that manual say:
"Recalling a preset in PRESET mode, Vector generates thru the MIDI OUT, on the midi channel 1, the Program Change with the same number shown by the display. All the 28 Program Change can be used to control other midi units."
?

So you could have access to 28 presets on the Stomp, at least. Or perhaps you are looking for a mapping function where (say) PC 1 corresponds to patch 17 on the Stomp? AFAIK that isn't possible.

Thanks for your answer. I think the only way to bypass that problem is the way to insert the right patch and active on/off by my vector loop.
For example at PC 15 i wanna activated my crunch and also my patch 15 (edit before with right sounds). It's possible to edit the first 28 presets on HX Stomp or is blocked?!?

Thank you so much for all your response, i need more security before buying :D

7 hours ago, Fabiojk said:

It's possible to edit the first 28 presets on HX Stomp or is blocked?!?

Yes, all are editable; there is none of this "some presets are hard-coded, some are user-configurable' kind of situation.

I'm 'only' a bass player, but the HX Stomp has been a game-changer for me; I got rid of all my separate pedals and couldn't be happier. A well-designed and great sounding bit of gear.