Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500X - Factory Reset Procedure Video

TBone55

I wanted to reset my POD HD500X back to the factory presets but it seems that the video that's available by LIne 6 Tony is not correct. This video shows you how to update the firmware using Line 6 Monkey, not how to reset the unit back to its factory settings. I've found some other videos on you tube but to be honest, I'm not sure I want to attempt this unless the procedure was created by Line 6. Is there anywhere on the site that actually shows how to do this or has written instructions by Line 6? I find this a bit disconcerting since I own a few Line 6 products. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling at all. Sometimes a factory reset is the only way to fix the POD when it starts to glitch.

Thanks.

This is the correct procedure - a factory reset on the POD HD devices is performed via a firmware installation; there is no separate procedure. Make sure you back up all you presets/setlists using HD Edit before reinstalling, and perform a pedal recalibration after.

I believe we were communicating earlier about a copy/paste issue you were having. I suggest you try reinstalling the HD Edit program and the Line 6 Driver first. These are simpler procedures that may fix your issue; you may not have to reinstall the firmware. But if you need/want to, the firmware update/install procedure you have is correct.

Thanks silverhead. Didn't make sense to me that doing a firmware installation is a factory reset. When I think of factory reset I think of how my POD was when I bought it, with none of the firmware updates installed. I will definitely try re-installing the HD Edit program and the Line 6 driver first. By the way, I"m in Ontario Canada as well.

Thanks for your help.

13 hours ago, TBone55 said:

..... When I think of factory reset I think of how my POD was when I bought it, with none of the firmware updates installed....

Yeah - there's no feature to do that. The history of firmware releases is available on the Downloads page so you can choose to install the firmware version that was installed when you received your POD, if you remember what that was, but it's usually best to install the most recent firmware.

Are you hoping for spring to come early in Ontario like I am?

• 1 month later...

Hello there Silverhead,

My apologies for not getting back to your response sooner. Some family things have kept me tied up. Thanks for replying to my post. You think we're finally getting some spring weather? It's about friggin  time! Got back to my POD HD500X and can't  seem to get the Vol & Wah to work properly, either through the edit software or right on the POD itself. When I turn the Wah off it stops working as a Wah but stays stuck in the closed position (acts like a parked wah). The volume pedal works but the sound is very trebly  because the Wah is stuck in the closed position. My other patches where I have the Vol & Wah already set up are working fine. I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Anyways, thanks for the help and keep looking for that sunshine, we may see it yet.       

I'm not sure what you mean by manually. Are you referring to using the POD to assign the Vol to Exp 2 and the Wah to Exp 1? My understanding is that each of them is automatically assigned when you choose volume and wah. Can you expand on this? 

Thanks.

Boy, I'm really losing it. Thanks for the reference. I must have glossed over it. There is one thing, when you set the Exp Pedal for volume or wah, the pedal must be in the correct position for that effect. Exp 2 must be turned on for volume and Exp1 must be turned on for Wah when you assign the expression pedal.

Thanks.