Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Settings

reality88

My POD HD Desktop got delivered last night.  Reading through the forums last week someone suggested that you set your amp ( Blues Jr ) to "neutral" so all the effects are coming from the POD.  I can't find that post but I believe he said set your bass, treble straight up and mids low with master volume to about 5.  Then adjust your volume to the loudness you want.  Does that sound right or how do you guys set your amps controls?  I know most of you have more advance amps but the Blues Jr is all I have right now.

Thanks.

That's a good starting place. Set your output settings in the Pod menu to combo-front so you have some extra EQ tweaking available and start testing amps. It's a great product, and you will find a ton of helpful guys around here to help you along while you learn. Rock on!

I use a blues jr. I tried combo front but studio/direct sounds better. In the pod I use the fender blackface deluxe vib full amp model. This supposedly goes against the rules but this sounds the best through the blues jr.

Pod deluxe full amp settings are gain 83, bass ~60, mid ~55, treble ~50, presence ~40, volume 40. This gives a relatively clean tone. Blues jr settings are reverb 3.5, master 6, mid 8, bass 8.5, treble 2.5, volume 7, fat button on.

At the levels noted above the tone is clean but close to break up. For crunch I add the tubescreamer at gain of 50, then for heavy crunch/gain I layer on a 2nd tube screamer at gain of 70.

My experience has been good with the blues jr and I think it works well with the pod because the blues jr seems like a neutral amp if that makes sense. It seems like it has a lot of high end in it naturally which explains my high bass/mid and low treble settings.