Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

another usb issue with helix

rsoby

Hello, I'm new to this forum...got my Helix floor a few days ago.

As a computer I use an early 2018 iMac with USB3 ports.

My problem is the following

when I updated the Helix to firmware 2.71 I was told that there have been problems and that the update could not have been completed. I was told to stop/start the Helix again..and afterwards the display showed me very strange signs and after retrying several times I finally could update the Helix to its newest firmware and it seems to run normally now.

After connecting the Helix via a USB cable to the USB port to my iMac (no hub used here!!) I started HxEdit (2.71 as well) and surprisingly after a few minutes the connection is interrupted and I get a message saying "no device connected". When I unpluck/pluck the cable it works again for a few minutes and I'm out again...

I tried 3 different USB cables and all 4 USB ports available on my computer...nothing changes.

I've googled and read about people having no connection at all but nothing comparable to my issue. So sorry if this has been a topic here and I missed it.

Might the USB port of the Helix be faulty?

9 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Have you opened a support ticket with Line 6?  That's probably your best bet.

Phones the european support and they had no clue... Will send it back and get a new one...

Thanks for chiming in!!

• 2 weeks later...