Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jtv 59 Bridge Pick Up Problems...

Hey guys the bridge pick up on my 59 is acting up. The magnetic neck and both selector will turn on those positions fine but when I chose the bridge position I get nothing..... Unless I unplug my 1/4 cable then plug it back in, I will get the bridge for a few seconds before it fades away...

This does not affect the models in any position.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks!

Is this when using the 1/4" jack only? Maybe you have a bent or dirty contact on the 1/4" jack (the little arm that contacts the tip of the plug internally). If this happens when using the VDI connector, it's probably something else. Just the bridge position pickup??? Then it's not the output jack. Maybe the internal contacts on the 3-way selector switch for the bridge position.

Is this still under warranty? If it is, you may want an authorized Line 6 repair center to replace the 3-way switch. I've seen more than a few references to 3-way switch failures. If it's out of warranty and you know a little about guitar electronics you can pull the switch out (still connected) and see if there's debris in there, or corrosion on the switch contacts, or if a contact arm is just not making good contact, you can try spraying it with contact cleaner, or you may be able to bend it in slightly with a needle nose pliers (very carefully) to make better contact.

Be careful when spraying the contact cleaner - It may damage the guitar's finish. You should put something over the area to avoid overspray.