Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT-50 112 combo turned itself off

PDKTDK

This weekend I was playing with HD500x hooked up via L6 using class a/b III setting in the standard prescribed way (pre-amp from HD/full power).  Was running the amp at just over 12:00 and the DT master at about 11:00.  About 3 hours in the amp appeared to lose all evidence of power (lights, sound, etc) although power button was engaged on.  I restarted and everything was well.  I typically put amp in standby and turn master down to zero during breaks. Just seeking feedback as there does not appear to be threads with this same issue.

Just when I was starting to get secure using this twice line6 repaired amp.  UGH

20 minutes ago, dlr_41 said:

NP dude, don't feel bad, my DT50 head crapped out with the same issue. It was on and in standby, I answered a phone call and when I got done the light was off and it was dead..

So what was the outcome?

Nothing, told me to take it to a authorized service tech. Its out of warranty and as much as I love the amp I'm not sure its worth the headache. It would seem the DT50 had some uhhh, "issues". If I had seen this coming I wouldn't have bought the JTV69S last month and completed the "dream rig". I'm thinking about just building a Marshall clone and cutting my losses. Was thinking of the powercab option but solid state just doesn't cut through like tubes.

4 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

Mine's been working fine ever since.  I was hoping the ever-present guru would give me some feedback.  Thanks again.

Well, in all fairness the guy is very busy. Moderates the board and seems maybe he is upper echelon of the service techs. Very knowledgeable and kewl as hell in my book. I'm pretty sure he'll get to ya eventually. You can always find em on a post and private message him.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the service records and S#,...

-small board at AC input may be damaged.

-the amp board has held up well til now, affects of past may be catching up to it.

-power tubes not being changed in more than 2-years can also add to it.

-power transformer is probably still good, the output transformer should be checked as well.

• Upvote 1