Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Effects + Victory V4 preamp pedal

TheRobotCow

Hey everyone 1st post here actually! So I'm working on trying to find a way to keep my Victory V4 preamp pedal as the basis of my tone and in order to do that, it's connected via 4cm. Now with the Hx Effects i'd love to discover a way to route it where I can place drives and other effects infront of the Victory pedal and time based/modulation effects in the effects loop of my amp. Basically this thread will be me trying out various ways of connecting it and hopefully I can discover the winning combination and share it with anyone else who is trying to accomplish the same thing!

Now on Victory's website they do have a way to connect it but it doesn't work. I'll post a quick drawing of how Victory wants you to connect it

OFe8o9gl.jpg

Being connected this way leaves the amp's fx loop disconnected and the output(or no output in this case). Next thing I'm going to try is maybe starting by plugging my guitar into the Victory pedal and on the Through output(the output that goes into the amp) I'll connect that to the HxFx's input and experiment from there.

Well this is embarrassing.....

All that I needed to do was to connect the output from the Hx Effects to my amps Fx Return of the loop. What I did wrong was that I needed to start with having the Hx Effects connected in 4cm method already(which is why i left the output and amp's fx return open).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friend, I happen to have the victory v4 kraken and thinking of buying the line 6 hx effects. I would like to ask you if you can connect the Pedal/Ext Amp of the Line 6 HX effects to the Remote Switch of the V4 pedal with a stereo cable and control the channel switching of the V4 pedal from the Line 6 hx effects (you have to select amp switching in the line 6 HX effects as I've read in the manual). Have you tried this? And if so, does it give you 3 options on the V4 pedal? (Pedal Off/Bypass, Pedal On/Channel 1, Pedal On/Channel 2). Thank you for your time, I would really appreciate it if you tried this if you haven't already (you'll need a stereo jack cable)