Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod 2.0 USB/Midi cable

I have just bought a Pod 2.0 and would like to add some tones setups to it.  I have looked around for details on manual setups - but can find very little information.  There is apparently a "bible" which details some setups, but it no longer seems to be available.

I would therefore like to download some via Custom Tone and Line 6 edit and bought a USB/Midi converter cable, however I am having trouble getting the systems to talk.

I think the problem might be the cable as it was a cheap ebay special.  Can anyone recommend a cable that is known to work.

I am running Windows 10.

Thanks

Edited by Moonhawk
added additional technical info

Is the POD listed in your Windows Device Manager when you connect the USB cable? If not, then the USB to MIDI cable is likely incompatible with Windows10. You need to find a MIDI interface that is compatible with Windows10. If the description doesn't specifically say it works with Windows10, you can bet it isn't. 

What section would it be listed under.

When I connect the midi cable (connected to the pod) - I get the following:

A "USB Root Hub" entry under the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" section.

A "USB Audio Device" entry under the "Sound, Video and game controller" section.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:57 PM, Moonhawk said:

I have just bought a Pod 2.0 and would like to add some tones setups to it.  I have looked around for details on manual setups - but can find very little information.  There is apparently a "bible" which details some setups, but it no longer seems to be available.

I would therefore like to download some via Custom Tone and Line 6 edit and bought a USB/Midi converter cable, however I am having trouble getting the systems to talk.

I think the problem might be the cable as it was a cheap ebay special.  Can anyone recommend a cable that is known to work.

I am running Windows 10. 

Thanks