Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MiDI Control via Cakewalk SONAR

Peterf57

CC#32 is MIDI reserved for setlist/bank changes. You need to be able to send CC#32+VALUE (setlist#(0-7)) THEN send the patch/preset#. I was able to find how to do it with a softsynth, and if you insert Native as a softsynth that will probably work, but I'm assuming that you want to do that on the hardware Helix.

I've never tried to control an external MIDI device from Sonar. I looked in the Sonar documentation, but couldn't find how to do that. If you can find the section of the manual that describes how to do that, please reply with the link. If you can find it you'll probably be able to figure it out, but send the link anyway, I'd like to know how too!

Tried my suggestion using Native, but Native won't properly configure as a softsynth. This has long been a problem with Sonar, that some VSTs won't configure as softsynths, even when Sonar THINKS it's done that. The new owners (Bandlab) say that they're working on bugs, and they've been issuing regular updates and bug-fixes, but there's a long list, and this might not be something that plays into their long-term plans for Sonar. Part of the reason I've been using Reaper more of late.

If you can't find the reference in the Docs, try the Sonar forums. WARNING! If you've never been there - be VERY specific as to what you're trying to do and strive to use proper terminology. While the denizens of that forum can be helpful, they can often be extremely intolerant. DO NOT BAD MOUTH SONAR IN ANY WAY!