Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp+Cab Preset Pack

AlexKenivel

bit.ly/AmpCabPack

These are (now 31) very simple Amp+Cab presets for any Helix device with amp models, meant to be a “jumping off” point for bigger presets. Every preset contains an Amp+Cab block, with a few of the amp’s parameters assigned to Footswitch 1 for a different sound, kind of a Clean/Dirty channel thing.

There are two folders, one for Stomp and one for the Floor/LT/Rack/Plugin (the later named “Full”).

These presets were programmed with an HX Stomp playing though Yamaha HS5 studio monitors in a treated room, cross­referenced with a QSC K8.2. 

I’ve tweaked each preset using 4 guitars so they’ll hopefully sound good with whatever you’re plugging in with minimal tweaks. 

The 4 guitars I used are: a vanilla Strat with a MIJ Body with MIM electronics and a Warmoth neck, a Strat with 500k pots, a SD Hot Rails in the bridge position and noiseless single coils (bright sound) — a stock PRS S2 Standard 24 (warm sound) — 
and an Ibanez Iron Label S 7 string with Dimarzio Ionizers (high output). Yes, I ran a 7 String through a Fender Champ model and it was FUN!

Leave some feedback or questions if you'd like. 

Thanks and enjoy,
Alex Kenivel

PS this is the third revision of this pack. More presets will be added so watch this space for more. 

• Thanks 3