Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects adds Capacitance?

spindlebox

So I saw a video the other day, where a guy said he was sending his HX Effects back because it dulled his signal.  I realized that, especially since he was using the 4-cable method, it was probably due to his longer cable runs; i.e., the capacitance introduced to the signal chain.  I am also wondering if the unit itself introduces a bit on its' own.

I am wondering if Line 6 knows about this situation, and I think they might, because there is a thread about "AUDIO ARTIFACTS", but I think this has to do only with white noise?

So, I did a little test on my own, and I placed a BUFFER after the MONO OUT on the HX Effects unit, I used the TC Electronic BONA FIDE - because you can plug and unplug it - bypassing it so you can hear the difference.  There is definitely a better sound with it on.  The top end seems to have come back and the guitar sounds NORMAL.

I should say, the reason I placed it AFTER the HX effects, just before it goes out and last in the chain, is because I run WIRELESS into the unit.

Just wondering if this is a thing that others have noticed, or if maybe my pedal is one of those in the .5%.