Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Monkey - Can't Connect To The Internet

rbernardsmith

New user here.  I have a Mac, I'm connected to the internet and my MIDI is working.  No matter what I do, I keep getting an error window that reads, "Could not make a connection to the Line 6 web server".  Can anyone help?  I quit using Line 6 products years ago because of continual issues with "Sound Diver" but was assured "Things are much better now!".  I'm seriously questioning these assertions...

I've read the Line 6 Support documents, done everything relating to my browser security, etc...  Nothing works.  

Can anyone help out?  

I am in USA and have not been able to connect for the last week. I also just went to "Line6 Ideascale" and that's down as well.

I just opened up a service ticket for this. Don't know if it's the right way to address this or not, but I don't think we can count on Line 6 scouring the forums to find out about this. I will post something when I get a response.

• 2 months later...

I experiencing the same problem as bleo81. Any help? Earlier there were red flashes on clip but now nothing happens when I connect. My computer doesn't even recognize it and nothing shows up on the device.

Problem is you can't connect to Line6.com?   Do you have Monkey installed?  Is it the current version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

New user here.  I have a Mac, I'm connected to the internet and my MIDI is working.  No matter what I do, I keep getting an error window that reads, "Could not make a connection to the Line 6 web server".  Can anyone help?  I quit using Line 6 products years ago because of continual issues with "Sound Diver" but was assured "Things are much better now!".  I'm seriously questioning these assertions...

I've read the Line 6 Support documents, done everything relating to my browser security, etc...  Nothing works.  

Can anyone help out?  

I don't know if you have the same problem as I do, but what I did to fix the problem with connecting to the internet is DOWNLOADING THE NEWEST VERSION OF LINE 6 MONKEY. That should do the job. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a new hard drive in my pc, downloaded latest line 6 monkey v1.67 and get a "Could not make a connection to the Line 6 web server." reason: (Code 800001019) unrecognized file type.

I seem to not be the only person here.. even shutoff my firewalls temporarily to ensure outbound traffic was not blocked.

If you were able to download Monkey, then you were connected at some point!  If you are still getting the same error in Monkey, you might want to uninstll it, delete all Line 6 files from the Line 6 folder and start again as it mauy not have installed correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

If you were able to download Monkey, then you were connected at some point!  If you are still getting the same error in Monkey, you might want to uninstll it, delete all Line 6 files from the Line 6 folder and start again as it mauy not have installed correctly.

it doesn't work at all

I've just updated (1.67) monkey and it can not connect to server too - "Sockets: connection refused"

(although firewall is not loaded at all and lan works excellent)

my actions?

(win7/64)

I updated my gear from the other device (notebook) via the same LAN. And it doesn't work on desktopPC that time.

I see, recomendations from support are not resolve problem. I see it now, I saw it two years ago. There's an unknown little thing which can do problem with update. It can be in registry, in a windows library, in a windows service (one of them is off), in a third party soft... I don't know. But will it work or not - nobody can predict.

My advice - just try another computer

(Sorry for bad English)

P.S.: Line6, thanks for helping, anyway your products is great)