Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't find Plug-In in Garageband, but can in Reaper...

jpruitt10

Any idea as to why this might be the case. I can find the .component file and the .vst3 file in my audio plugin folders, but that's the only two files there. Reaper finds it and I can use native through Reaper but it doesn't show up in Garageband Plug-in list. There's no Audio Units option in the plugins either. I'm running GB 10.3.2.

Thanks for any help!

18 hours ago, jpruitt10 said:

Any idea as to why this might be the case. I can find the .component file and the .vst3 file in my audio plugin folders, but that's the only two files there. Reaper finds it and I can use native through Reaper but it doesn't show up in Garageband Plug-in list. There's no Audio Units option in the plugins either. I'm running GB 10.3.2.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

I think that there may be a little confusion happening here.

In your Plugins folder, the Audio Units are actually the ones named Components. Check inside that folder and see if “Line 6 Native.component” has been installed - Note: Apple OSX has a main System Library and a separate Library folder for the User so remember to check inside all libraries. I guess that your version of Reaper could be using the VST version of Native. If the .component (au plugin) is missing, simply reinstall the software.

Should you find the .component is installed correctly then check that it shows up and works in GarageBand. Create a new blank project, then go to preferences from the menu. Under Audio/MIDI make sure that the option to use Audio Units is “ticked”- for some strange reason this “off” by default.

For clarification of this info, it would make sense to have a look at this video.

Hope this helps/makes sense