Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects midi help needed!

fatherjack56

Looking for guidance as to how to use my HX midi functions to switch channels on my H&K Tubemeister 36 (which is midi equipped and has three channels) and also utilise the power soak features on the amp. Specifically I'd like to incorporate channel switching into an HX preset, or better still snapshots, to save having to use the H&K footswitch to change channels whilst simultaneously changing snapshots on the HX. If this is even possible, I'm convinced that it should be, but am not technically minded enough to figure it out!

The goal would be to have, for example, snapshot 1 - amp on Clean channel, full power (36W) then snapshot 2 - amp on Crunch channel and half power, and so on. The midi guide in the H&K manual has left me confused, and I'm struggling with the midi section in the HX manual as well to be honest. Never used midi before but I have a midi in/out cable, I have tried to set it up but so far failed!