Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix foot pedal w/ helix native

tnemecek75

Hello, 

I’m need to the helix and I’m struggling a bit. I’ve upgrade from an amplifi to the helix and I really liked how I could edit tones on my iPad. So naturally when I purchased the helix, I wanted similar functionality and purchased the helix native as a plugin in Cubase 10 since I was given a free copy. When I launched Cubase 10, create a track and add helix native, I select d a factory tone, but it doesn’t sync with the helix peddle. 

Am am I out of luck or is there a way to use both the helix and helix native together beyond syncing patches?

To edit tones on Helix you use HX Edit, which does not run on iPad.

You can drag and drop presets from HX Edit to Native, or the reverse.

You can import/export setlists between the two.

HX Edit and Native do not automatically sync.

EDIT: You can also record both an effected track and a clean track from the Helix, then use Native to try out different presets on the clean track withot re-amping back to the Helix.

What I'm about to say is to the best of my knowledge but could certainly be wrong.  Please someone correct me if I am.  I have the same wish and to my knowledge "Native" will not "sync" to any of the Helix Hardware.  Native is a 'stand-alone' plug-in.  Seems like I read that some were using midi to create a work-around though.  Best thing I know to do (if you want pedal effects in your recording) is to edit your desired tone/preset on the Helix itself, use it as your DAW interface, and play/record live straight into Cubase creating both a wet and a dry audio track (re-amping).  Then you can always insert the Native plug-in into your dry signal audio track and duplicate and/or manipulate all the 'other' settings used on the floor hardware.  But effects made by the "pedals" themselves (wah/expression/etc) will always be part of the originally recorded dry signal track and unchangeable.   Apologies in advance if I'm totally off-base on this.