Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Option for Fixed Interval Pitch Shift

tedjallen

Hello,

I have a need to place an always on fixed interval pitch shift (e.g. tune down one step or one and a half steps) and would be active for all snapshots in the preset and not impacted by any builtin or externally attached expression pedals.  If I disable/bypass the block, I would then expect the pitch shift to be ignored.

I have successfully used the "Pitch Wham" effect for this in the past and was using it on several multi-snapshot presets last night and it seemed to work as expected until the second time rehearsing with one preset when I switched to a snapshot and my signal was completely out of tune..  I tried switching to other snapshots and they seemed to then be out of tune as well.  Switching to another preset and back later seemed to resolve the issue.

All of these presets had a volume pedal block enabled and assigned to the default expression pedal (EXP2) and using it was not impacting the tuning when doing volume swells.

I don't have my Helix next to me at this time, but I don't know if I could have accidentally pushed the expression pedal too far forward to switch it over to EXP1 and then got things in a weird state or not.  I don't recall having to switch back to EXP2 to get volume swells working again.

Is there a more appropriate effect I should be using  to obtain my goal?  I do make use of a simple and dual pitch blocks further down the signal chain in some presets, but those are snapshot controlled and I haven't seen any conflicts in the past between the "detune" pitch block at the beginning of the signal chain and the other pitch shift blocks.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Best Regards,

Ted

17 hours ago, tedjallen said:

I have successfully used the "Pitch Wham" effect for this in the past and was using it on several multi-snapshot presets last night and it seemed to work as expected until the second time rehearsing with one preset when I switched to a snapshot and my signal was completely out of tune..  I tried switching to other snapshots and they seemed to then be out of tune as well.  Switching to another preset and back later seemed to resolve the issue.

You may have EXP set to 2 with a volume, but EXP 1 is still present at full value. I don't know for certain, but I suspect the "Pitch Wham" will automatically connect with EXP1 (like a wah does). Make sure that connection is completely removed so you don't get any unexpected changes with snapshots. Either that, or roll through every snapshot in that patch to make sure they are all set appropriately. 

Thanks to all that replied.  I was using the Simple Pitch effect in some other presets.  I don't recall why I ended up with the Pitch Wham in some others.  I have switched all of them to use the Simple Pitch effect and will continue testing all of the snapshots in each of those presets.

Many Thanks,

Ted