Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm not recognizing auth in Acid 7

Line6 Pod Farm - Windows 7, 64 bit, in ACID 7 it shows up as a vst and the GUI will open but I get this message:

"NO AUTHORIZED DEVICE"

"A required device is either not authorized or not connected.

Pod Farm's GUI will operate during this session but the plug-in will not process audio.

Please connect your iLok or Line6 hardware and restart application."

My PoDxt is fully updated and I have double checked through License manager that both my PoDxt and PC are authorized.

How do I get it working in ACID 7?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone can download Pod Farm but it won't run without a license, which is associated with a compatible Line 6 hardware product or an iLok device. The Pod X3 and some other legacy products included a Pod Farm license but apparently not the Pod Xt.

Pod Farm 2.5 is also a licensed product but you can purchase a hardware independent license which means it can run with non-Line 6 audio interface devices. You can't do that with the original Pod Farm.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, phil_m said:

Do you have a license for POD Farm that you paid for at some time? POD Farm was never included for free with the PODxt like it was for the X3, so I guess I'm a little confused by your post.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, Xerxces2112 said:

Line6 Pod Farm - Windows 7, 64 bit, in ACID 7 it shows up as a vst and the GUI will open but I get this message:

"NO AUTHORIZED DEVICE"

"A required device is either not authorized or not connected.

Pod Farm's GUI will operate during this session but the plug-in will not process audio.

Please connect your iLok or Line6 hardware and restart application."

My PoDxt is fully updated and I have double checked through License manager that both my PoDxt and PC are authorized.

How do I get it working in ACID 7?

Do you have a license for POD Farm that you paid for at some time? POD Farm was never included for free with the PODxt like it was for the X3, so I guess I'm a little confused by your post. I have the same problem but I have both the the UX2 and the Pod live3! Both are authorized on the license page but do not show up as so on the license manager app!

Do you have a license for POD Farm that you paid for at some time? POD Farm was never included for free with the PODxt like it was for the X3, so I guess I'm a little confused by your post.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, Xerxces2112 said:

13 hours ago, silverhead said:

Anyone can download Pod Farm but it won't run without a license, which is associated with a compatible Line 6 hardware product or an iLok device. The Pod X3 and some other legacy products included a Pod Farm license but apparently not the Pod Xt.

Pod Farm 2.5 is also a licensed product but you can purchase a hardware independent license which means it can run with non-Line 6 audio interface devices. You can't do that with the original Pod Farm.

So my PoDxt is not a compatible device then?

There core question here is how and where to I obtain a license for Pod Farm 1 and activate it.

If I can't use my PoDxt wth it then what do I need to use?

PoDxt just sounds like crap through my DAW is why I'm looking to try other options but I don't exactly have money to throw around.

Since you don't currently have an authorized device for Pod Farm 1 you will have to spend some money to get one. I understand you don't have it to throw around. But it seems you have a decision to make about how much $$ to spend and what you will get for it.

Is there any specific reason that you want to use Pod Farm 1, other than the expectation that it will be less costly than alternatives? In order to use it you will need to obtain a used authorized Line 6 audio interface device like GuitarPort, the Toneport series (GX, UX1, UX2), or Pod X3. I have no idea about their availability or cost in the used marketplace but they are legacy products. You can learn more about them in the Legacy Products section of this website (see bottom of the Products page). As legacy products they are no longer being updated. There are occasional  reports of driver incompatibilities with newer operating systems like Windows 10.

You should compare the cost/benefit of these to the alternative .....

The updated Line 6 product is Pod Farm 2.5. It can be purchased with a hardware independent license which allows you to use it with any audio interface, including your Pod XT if you wish (although you say it sounds like crap so you probably don't wish that). Or you could purchase a current Line 6 audio interface like the Pod Studio or Sonic Port which include a Pod Farm 2.5 license. You can find info about these products in the Products section of this website.

And if you want a superior state-of-the-art plug-in consider Helix Native, also available in a hardware independent license or at a discounted price for Helix family product owners.

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought a Pod Studio UX1 and got Pod Farm 2.55 along with it. Everything works great but I cant get a signal through Pod Farm VST in Acid Pro 7. Perhaps I'm not setting it up right but I'm pretty sure I am. Assigning Pod farm to an audio track, track is set to send1/send2 default, UX1 ASIO is selected in sound device prefs, but no signal at all.

It all works great with the stand alone, just cant figure out why the VST wont get a signal in my DAW. It's probably something simple Im overlooking or just am unaware I need to do.