Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copying a Device From One Patch to Another Patch?

danfzx14

Is it possible to copy a device from one patch to another patch? By that I mean if I set up a delay pedal the way I like it in one patch can I copy just that delay pedal to another patch with all the settings I have set up? If so how do I do this?

Yes, you can do this easily with a patch of that delay saved to the device. Saved as "Fav Delay". Drag  that patch to a free "new" tone slot. or on the device hit copy and scroll to new tone and hit enter.

You can then add what ever you want to it. Your fav delay is now saved. You can save a chain of effects you usually use and their settings and save it without an amp.Fairly easy to copy and fast in EDIT. 

You cannot save a preset of an FX and select it from the FX preset menu which might be what you are asking like say you can do with some Amp- Sims.

Think of it like real pedals where there is no user preset.

What you can do is create a patch that contains all of your common favorite items and settings such as delay, reverb, compressors, noise gates, whatever you like.  Then copy that patch to a new slot and add in the amp model(s) or whatever differences you want.

Thank you for the responses.

I'm pretty sure I understand what you both said and it looks like I cannot just copy a device I setup the way I liked in one patch and paste it into another existing patch. Only to a new patch, Unfortunately...