Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wireless G10s question - cross posted (sorry if against rules)

themetallikid

I apologize, there is just more traffic here than over on the wireless forum...

Considering the G10S, however I'm worried about how the transmitter plugs into the guitar for a couple reasons:

1) Does it get in the way when moving around on stage?   I'm worried about breaking it off or it becoming 'loose' and dangling/swinging around....

2) I've read about issues with wireless's not playing nice with EMG/Active pickups....I don't know much about that, but it was all the talk with the Boss wireless that came out awhile back....does that concern apply here?  I never considered it when I bought my last wireless Sennheiser EW172 (about 10 years ago)

3) Is it worth going up to the G50 if I want the battery pack...what else would I really be gaining?

Thanks in advance...I've recently determined that my Sennheiser is killing my input signal and affecting how I dial patches in on my Helix

5 hours ago, themetallikid said:

I apologize, there is just more traffic here than over on the wireless forum...

Considering the G10S, however I'm worried about how the transmitter plugs into the guitar for a couple reasons:

1) Does it get in the way when moving around on stage?   I'm worried about breaking it off or it becoming 'loose' and dangling/swinging around....

2) I've read about issues with wireless's not playing nice with EMG/Active pickups....I don't know much about that, but it was all the talk with the Boss wireless that came out awhile back....does that concern apply here?  I never considered it when I bought my last wireless Sennheiser EW172 (about 10 years ago)

3) Is it worth going up to the G50 if I want the battery pack...what else would I really be gaining?

Thanks in advance...I've recently determined that my Sennheiser is killing my input signal and affecting how I dial patches in on my Helix

1) Not for me. 

2) I have no active pickups, so can't help you there. 

3) Something else to carry around.

Honest to god...I can't tell this difference between this thing and a cable. 

So far I'm really liking my G10s, but I have only been using it around the house, I haven't used it for anything important. The transmitter is pretty tiny, I highly doubt you would hit it on anything, and when it's plugged in it seems pretty solid, it's not going to fall out on accident at least not on my guitar. The G10s comes with a right angle adapter that makes it compatible with most active guitars. I haven't used the adapter so I don't if using it makes it seem like its dangling and loose. I think its pretty convenient to just plug it into the receiver and charge it and automatically check channels.

• 2 weeks later...

I used it on church stage for about a year with zero issues whatsoever. It played nicely with other wireless systems running, and sounded great. I went stereo out on my instruments, so I donated it to our worship leader for his acoustic. He has zero issues the past year.