Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab Plus Midi revisited

spikey

In case you missed this on the Helix page- I re-posted what I wrote there for reference.

"I know this is an old thread, and I have followed the instructions to the letter. What's happening is on "both PC+'s, when I plug in the midi cable to the input they freeze up and will not clear until I pull the midi cable and then power cycle the PC+. Yes, I have swapped midi cables, same results. If it's not the cable, and I don't believe that two PC+'s have the exact same issue, and the midi port on Helix was running the Strymon midi just fine, what the heck is going on?

I'm scratching the 4 hairs on my head here.  Anyone?"

Edited: I Figured it out. In Globals, if you have "Send Midi Clock" set to anything but off, as soon as you plug in the midi cable into the PC+ it locks it up, and the only way to unfreeze it I found was to remove the midi cable from the PC+ and power it off and back on.

Now, if I can figure out how to make Powercab Edit work with "two" PC+'s at the same time?  Both PC+'s are set to different midi channels, but it only seems to like one PC+ at a time.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I was able to find a solution.The MFC-101 sends extra midi information on every channel no matter what settings. The solution was to filter out everything except PC messages. I’m doing this with an old Tc G-minor midi controller. It responds to PC changes from my MFC-101 and sends them to the PowerCab plus free of extra midi data. Works perfect, but I guess Line6 should update the firmware so it does not freeze up when it gets extra midi data.

• 3 weeks later...

Im thinking that once 8.2 hits most things will be updated. I will be using HX edit and using the L6 Link port on Helix to control both PC +'s speaker cabs, mic, etc then. If PC Edit is also updated as well, Then I will redo some audio inputs and outs to allow my Kemper to also use the PC+!