Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the toe switch, Mission Engineering SP1-L6H, HX Stomp

Spiderplayer7

Hi there,

Just wondering how to expand the number of buttons for HX Stomp. I can see the benefit of the Mission Engineering SP1-L6H with the toe switch. Most of the videos and websites mention that the toe switch is set up automatically to switch between wah and volume blocks. That's great, but I never use a wah pedal.

Does anyone know if you can assign the toe switch to other functions in the Stomp, e.g. a boost pedal block, bank up (just like a normal switcher in FS5) etc. as opposed to toggling between wah and volume? For me, that would be killer!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

6 hours ago, Spiderplayer7 said:

Hi there,

Just wondering how to expand the number of buttons for HX Stomp. I can see the benefit of the Mission Engineering SP1-L6H with the toe switch. Most of the videos and websites mention that the toe switch is set up automatically to switch between wah and volume blocks. That's great, but I never use a wah pedal.

Does anyone know if you can assign the toe switch to other functions in the Stomp, e.g. a boost pedal block, bank up (just like a normal switcher in FS5) etc. as opposed to toggling between wah and volume? For me, that would be killer!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yes you can. It's really pretty versatile.  The hardest part is just figuring out how to navigate the various menus in order to set things up how you like.

As an example, I rarely use wah. Usually my dual footswitch is setup so that expression one controls the drive of an amp (and sometimes other settings as well) and then expression two is controlling the mix parameters of a key effect (such as reverb, delay, etc.).

1 hour ago, Spiderplayer7 said:

Thanks for your reply. So I can assign the toe switch of the expression pedal to FS4 and use it to, say, add a boost or any other effect? Not just wah? Or assign it to bank up/down?

Yes. Before I replied I went and did two things to double verify.  This is what I set up:

Scenarios 1:

1. Bank up happens when I roll to the heel of the pedal. 

2. Bank down happens when I press down on the toe switch. 

(Global settings = Preferences Exp Tip set to FS4, Exp Ring set to FS5; Footswitches FS4 set to Bank Up, FS5 set to Bank down). 

Scenario 2:

1. Delay activates when I roll to the heel of the pedal. 

2. Rotary effect engages when I press down on the toe switch. 

(Global settings = Preferences Exp Tip set to FS4, Exp Ring set to FS5; Footswitches FS4 set to Stomp 4, FS5 set to Stomp 5). 

The trick is always making sure you set things up correctly in the global settings, but to make it easier for you I listed them above. 

If you'd prefer to have it bank up when you press in, or down when you lift up, you'd just reverse the footswitch section. 

Love my Stomp.