Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Roland has figured it out

DBCrocky

36 minutes ago, datacommando said:

.. while everyone waits for the new Firmware ...

I expect we're a few months from that still. The firmware is expected in Spring 2019 - which means as late as June 20. I wouldn't expect it on March 21.

14 hours ago, silverhead said:

I expect we're a few months from that still. The firmware is expected in Spring 2019 - which means as late as June 20. I wouldn't expect it on March 21.

Well, I certainly can’t disagree with that. Even June maybe a hard deadline to meet because the crew have got a lot of work to do getting the whole Helix family of software aligned. I’m certainly willing to wait and see what evolves in this revision. I don’t have wish list for additions to the range of models because I have been amazed by my Helix Floor unit since acquiring it in late 2015. From the ongoing development at Line 6, I imagine it will continue to astonish users for a long time yet to come.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, phil_m said:

Do you want me to give you a list of things Roland hasn't figured out? Number one on that list is the concept that you shouldn't have to jump back and forth between two or three menus to make a control assignment...

But, seriously, having the Bank Up and Down switches up there seems kind of weird to me... If that were the case with the Helix, it would take away the ability to see two banks of presets at the same time.

Here's another one Roland hasn't figured out... how to make their gear class compliant so that you can midi over usb.  How about virtually no updates to products? While we are anxiously awaiting 2.8 and know there will be a 3.0 at some point, Roland's updates are within the first year of release and typically consist of fixing things, if you're lucky, there might be a new feature or two so maybe you get to 1.1 or 1.2 (they may name it differently but this is essentially what it actually is).  After that the product is ignored...forever.