Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V Blank Tone and Fresh Start Banks for Download.

joestides

I know there is a general topic for tones and what not.  These really aren't tones. In fact they are a lack thereof. These is ideal for those who want to start from scratch or a basic starting point to craft their own sound, or are just too easily distracted by what you get packaged in the amp.  Consider them blank canvases. Installation is simple. Just download them to your PC, If you have any tones currently loaded into your Amp, be sure to back them up. And then click "restore,"  and load the downloaded svl6a file. This will wipe everything saved on your amp, so be sure to back up your tones or banks if you wish to use them later. After you do this, the only way to recover will be to restore a backed up bank, or reset the Spider V back to factory settings, which will restore the factory tones only. 

I will be adding variations to this idea as time goes on.

Here I've taken the liberty of replacing all the tones with the default settings for the USER tones. Basically it's an empty tone bank as the name implies.
786278163_SVRBlank.jpg.7f4a76da769ece263d14031e9b4be55e.jpg

Spider V Blank Tone Bank.svl6a

On this one I've basically emptied out the tone bank and placed all the amps in their own slots for quick navigation. I have done nothing to the settings for the amps themselves, these are the stock settings for them on the Spider V. Another nice starting point to get familiar with what is available on the Spider V.  Surf through them easily, pick one and build your sound from there. 
925491008_SVRAmpStarterBank.jpg.43415f492a4e810495ae452970c02914.jpg

Spider V Amp Starter Bank.svl6a

This idea for this is basically the same as the Amp Starter, only this time we start with the Cabinets. It seemed kind of silly to just use up only 25 slots in the bank so I have included the four mic settings for each Amp. I know that for many it doesn't make much of a difference what mic you use, but they are in there for giggles. I think you need to have your cab Modeling switch to "On" in order for this to be of any use. 
1258853678_SVRCabStarter.jpg.3db8dba18273f2fdcf372e3a64d235bc.jpg

Spider V Cab Starter Bank.svl6a

Edited by joestides
added files, changed title
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first though was that Line 6 should have done that from the start and they`d have sold a LOT more SP-Vs and the amp wouldn't have the horrible reputation it has gained thanks to presets that only can realistically be seen as product sabotage ........ 

But sadly amps need to make at least some noise - so maybe a dozen or so presets, preferably not made by Line-6 staff  and the rest blank ? 

Shameless bump because I've added more files.

If anyone has any ideas for improving the banks I have here or some basic banks, or has some banks that would make for good launch points for crafting tones, please suggest away.. I'd appreciate any input.

• Like 1

Hey great idea.

I love the Spider V . . . generally I've never been a preset guy so for me it wasn't a big deal, but I do think somehow Line 6 missed the boat on emphasizing the power of this amp. 

To me, it's big strength is the ridiculous amount of user options . . . but somehow I think most people have no clue they even exist. I follow Line 6 as a fan boy and it took me years to realize exactly what the Spider did. When I finally found out I threw the switch on a red edition 20W for my son. He couldn't be happier, and I regularly borrow it as a small flat response system for my HX Stomp. 

On 2/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, Adam_T said:

My first though was that Line 6 should have done that from the start and they`d have sold a LOT more SP-Vs and the amp wouldn't have the horrible reputation it has gained thanks to presets that only can realistically be seen as product sabotage ........ 

But sadly amps need to make at least some noise - so maybe a dozen or so presets, preferably not made by Line-6 staff  and the rest blank ? 

Well if you want you can export the ones you want and then import them into the blank one. My thing is that I waste more time scrolling through sounds than actually making them (I might have a touch of ADD). With the banks above you have solid starting points to craft them. The one with the amps has already worked pretty well for me in shopping for sounds, and has helped to take make the available features bit less overwhelming and a bit more digestible. 

10 hours ago, SeaRefractor said:

Is it just me or did Line 6 forget to notify us that there is now a custom tone "web" access for Mac/PC presets that map to the tone cloud?

https://line6.com/customtone/browse/spiderv/

I saw that yesterday... I did a comparison search and I don't think that they are using the same database, due to the disparity in search results.

cloud.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, joestides said:

I know there is a general topic for tones and what not.  These really aren't tones. In fact they are a lack thereof. These is ideal for those who want to start from scratch or a basic starting point to craft their own sound, or are just too easily distracted by what you get packaged in the amp.  Consider them blank canvases. Installation is simple. Just download them to your PC, If you have any tones currently loaded into your Amp, be sure to back them up. And then click "restore,"  and load the downloaded svl6a file. This will wipe everything saved on your amp, so be sure to back up your tones or banks if you wish to use them later. After you do this, the only way to recover will be to restore a backed up bank, or reset the Spider V back to factory settings, which will restore the factory tones only. 

I will be adding variations to this idea as time goes on.

Here I've taken the liberty of replacing all the tones with the default settings for the USER tones. Basically it's an empty tone bank as the name implies.
786278163_SVRBlank.jpg.7f4a76da769ece263d14031e9b4be55e.jpg

Spider V Blank Tone Bank.svl6a

On this one I've basically emptied out the tone bank and placed all the amps in their own slots for quick navigation. I have done nothing to the settings for the amps themselves, these are the stock settings for them on the Spider V. Another nice starting point to get familiar with what is available on the Spider V.  Surf through them easily, pick one and build your sound from there. 
925491008_SVRAmpStarterBank.jpg.43415f492a4e810495ae452970c02914.jpg

Spider V Amp Starter Bank.svl6a

This idea for this is basically the same as the Amp Starter, only this time we start with the Cabinets. It seemed kind of silly to just use up only 25 slots in the bank so I have included the four mic settings for each Amp. I know that for many it doesn't make much of a difference what mic you use, but they are in there for giggles. I think you need to have your cab Modeling switch to "On" in order for this to be of any use. 
1258853678_SVRCabStarter.jpg.3db8dba18273f2fdcf372e3a64d235bc.jpg

Spider V Cab Starter Bank.svl6a

This is a great idea and useful for players that don't want to use the existing "out of the box" amp presets. I did the same thing and tweaked each amp with no effects to my liking. The bad thing is, now I have to go back and further tweak each one because I've discovered that the noise gate, compressor, and EQ can have a drastic affect on how each one of my amp presets sounds. There's no end to the sounds! Plus, I'm learning a lot about vintage amps and effects along the way as I'm creating. Thanks for sharing these files with the community!

Spider.JPG

• Like 1