Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bank up and down question

crm3550

I’m trying to figure out if the bank up and down can be set to change banks by holding down the button for either up or down or if it stays to where you have to click the buttons? Trying to figure out a way to switch patch banks fast if I have one at say 12th bank from say the 1st bank.

There's no way to go from bank 1 to bank 12 other than clicking bank up eleven times. It's probably worth rearranging your set list to get your sounds closer together if that's possible for your use case. The editor on computer can help to re-order things quickly but you can also do it on the preset screen with one of the small knobs under the screen.

• Upvote 1

That’s what I thought as I haven’t been able to find a way like the old X3 live I used it could be done by holding down either bank up or bank down to get through the banks quicker. My problem is that I attend a small church and the worship leader doesn’t know what songs she’s doing till right before service so it makes it hard to pre plan a service lineup with my patches unless I just use an all around one for the service.

I understand the "don't know what songs until just before service" aspect of things! What I have done in this situation is have a setlist where all my song specific patches are in alphabetical order, but starting on bank 5. Then when I got the list, I could quickly scroll through to song 1, and copy to 1A, then scroll to song 2 and copy to 1B, etc. Then I'd have the 4-6 songs in order from 1A to 2B or whatever. Once you get this "trick" down, you can do a whole service's setlist in just 2-3 minutes of time.

4 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Question on up and down - mine is not quite right - if I hit up it goes down - hit down it goes up - its reversed do not see a way to change it to be correct - any ideas guys - thanks 

If you mean when you press the up preset button it goes down in the list of presets as displayed in HX Edit, that would be normal.  Pressing the up preset selects the next numerically higher preset.  Pressing down selects the next numerically lower preset.

8 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Question on up and down - mine is not quite right - if I hit up it goes down - hit down it goes up - its reversed do not see a way to change it to be correct - any ideas guys - thanks 

As stated above... up goes "numerically up" down goes "numerically down"... on a screen the presets start a 1 and increase below so it may appear backward. 

This has been talked about in the past, and there is some good news on the horizon. The 2.8 update (scheduled for a Spring release) feature list includes an option to reverse that operation. 

• Like 1

If I live to be 1000, I'll never understand why this is a "problem"...Up arrow, numbers go up. Down arrow, numbers go down. Why is this hard to figure out? It's not exactly what you'd call a stretch...from all the discussion, you'd think we were being asked to reattach severed limbs. 

I put all songs in order of the set list, then change the "bank" up/down buttons to "preset" up/down. Then I just increment for each song. I do this even if the presets are exactly the same, but just with a different tempo. 

• Like 1