Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a UX2 to power 250 Ohm Headphones?

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to audio production, and have just purchased a Pod Studio UX2 for my mic setup and I'm looking to invest in some quality headphones.

From what I understand the higher the Ohm range of the headphones the more power they require and if underpowered there volume may be bottleknecked.

My UX2 is connected to a desktop, and I was wondering if connecting the headphones (I'm looking at a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro's) to the output of my UX2 would provide enough power to get good, loud sound?

Thanks

Billy

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this will help you, but 120 Ohms headphones are OK with POD Studio GX. I think that 250 Ohms could be a max range for GX (could be a little bit quiet). Best option is to test headphones, but if you have PC, that could be problem to test outside the house. UX2 is also powerd through USB, so i think that it has same output power as GX.