Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Stomp and Hx Effects Midi

Bigpapajake

Is it possible for me to control the snapshots on the Hx stomp via midi from the Hx effects? For example, If im on preset 1a snapshot 1 for both the stomp and FX, if i were to switch to snapshot 2 on the FX is there a way to get the HX Stomp to go to snapshot 2 as well with just the one click of the FX?

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, ToneSheriff said:

I’ve been trying to attempt the same thing but can’t seem to get it working.  Anybody?

The thing I don't know, since I've never had an HX Effects, is if it would be a one tap process or a two tap. Clearly the HX Effects can send the needed signal to the HX Stomp. Your choices for the Stomp are:

CC#69, Value 0 (Snapshot 1)

CC#69 Value 1 (Snapshot 2)

CC#69 Value 2 (Snapshot 3)

CC#69 Value 8 (Next Snapshot)

CC#69 Value 9 (Previous Snapshot)

Ideally, if you can assign the snapshot #1 button on your HX Effects to ALSO send to the Stomp CC#69, Value 0 then that would be ideal because when you press one button it both tells the HX Effects to go to 1 AND sends the same signal to the Stomp. 

Unfortunately, if that duality isn't an option (i.e. the button can ONLY do HX Effects snapshots or send midi messages) then you're probably stuck with a two button option. In that case, to save on buttons, the first thing I'd try is to reserve one of the HX Effects buttons to send the Stomp the midi message of CC#69 Value 8 so that by tapping it you can quickly cycle through the Stomp's snapshots. If you have another button to spare, then it'd be a good idea to do the CC#69 Value 9 message so that you can back track if you go too far. 

There is one other crazy option you could try as a last resort. There are midi Y cables (see the link below) so that with the Y cable, and two additional midi cables, you could essentially try feeding the midi command that the HX Effects sends back on itself.  If that method worked, then you'd simply use three buttons on the HX Effects that sends the same signal to both the HX Stomp and the HX Effects, which would be:

CC#69, Value 0 (Snapshot 1)

CC#69 Value 1 (Snapshot 2)

CC#69 Value 2 (Snapshot 3)

https://www.amazon.com/SinLoon-Splitter-Pin-Male-Extension-synthesizer/dp/B01M3RH5GI/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=midi+Y+Cable&qid=1566493330&s=gateway&sr=8-3

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...