Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual Powercab Plus - Using one of them as an interface

feffa86

Hey. I'm running my Helix into two Powercab Plus' using L6 Link. I am trying to find a way to use one of them as my USB interface instead of the Helix, and I am facing some difficulty. I'm not sure there is a fix for this, but I'm just hoping someone has a suggestion I haven't tried.

So when I connect one of the Powercabs (the left one) to the computer and choose it as the main sound device in windows, I go into Reaper and it shows up as an ASIO device in the preferences menu. I can then set up the first and last inputs and outputs, and both sound channels (left and right) show up in the list. I set it up so that the track I've created records from a stereo input, left and right. When I try to record, I am only getting a mono recording of whatever's in the left channel. Is there any way to set this up so that one of the two Powercabs can feed the whole stereo signal to my computer? I am assuming if I disconnect the second Powercab, that's what would happen, there's no way to have it work that way while both are connected?

Hi, I don't have two Powercabs but I think at the current state it is not possible - unfortunately. I've also tried feeding one Powercab with left and right output of my device but the usb output of the PC remains mono. The only possibility I know is to use the XLR output of both Powercabs into a mixer, but probably this is not the solution you are looking for.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.