Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New HX Effects owner..

dannyboyee82

..and I'm getting to grips with it. But I have a couple of questions:

1 - in 4cm, there is only one loop remaining for external effects, is that right? So if I wanted to add my favourite fuzz, I'd just connect it to the bottom send/return sockets? 

2 - in snapshot mode, how would I be able to change and save the parameters of an effect, so for example.. snapshot 1 would have a slapback delay, snapshot two would be 450ms (the same delay)? I tried to do this earlier; set up a slapback on one snapshot, then tried to set up a longer delay on the next. When I went back to my slapback snapshot, it had the longer delay. 

Cheers guys! Loving it so far. I'm a convert already.. and I've been a diehard analogue guy for years. I'm running this through an old 100w Marshall.. sounds glorious!

2 hours ago, dannyboyee82 said:

2 - in snapshot mode, how would I be able to change and save the parameters of an effect, so for example.. snapshot 1 would have a slapback delay, snapshot two would be 450ms (the same delay)? I tried to do this earlier; set up a slapback on one snapshot, then tried to set up a longer delay on the next. When I went back to my slapback snapshot, it had the longer delay. 

I love snapshots. The way they work though, when it comes to specific parameters for effects on a per snapshot basis, it assumes that you want the adjustment for ALL snapshots unless you tweak it specifically for that snapshot.

To do that, select the knob for the parameter you want changed for only that snapshot, and press and turn it. This will make that change only for that snapshot, and you can do up to 64 effects and parameters. 

18 hours ago, caledoneus said:

you would probably want to put your fuzz before the HX (unless you were wanting to put the fuzz in the end of the chain and fuzz out everything).  

Would it not make more sense to have it in a loop so I can switch it in and out with the effects within HX? Or is there something I'm missing?

17 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

I love snapshots. The way they work though, when it comes to specific parameters for effects on a per snapshot basis, it assumes that you want the adjustment for ALL snapshots unless you tweak it specifically for that snapshot.

To do that, select the knob for the parameter you want changed for only that snapshot, and press and turn it. This will make that change only for that snapshot, and you can do up to 64 effects and parameters. 

Thank you! That works perfectly! 

One last thing.. if I was to set up my four snapshots on preset 1a. Am I able to switch up to bank 2a and use the snapshots within that preset seamlessly? I only ask because the bank switches are the only ones available in snapshot mode, so it seemed like that was a possibility.

Cheers guys! Getting the hang of it now.

22 hours ago, dannyboyee82 said:

One last thing.. if I was to set up my four snapshots on preset 1a. Am I able to switch up to bank 2a and use the snapshots within that preset seamlessly? I only ask because the bank switches are the only ones available in snapshot mode, so it seemed like that was a possibility.

Pressing the bank button will open the PRESETS page so you can choose a preset. Then... if setup accordingly.... it will either stay on the preset page, or return to the snapshot page. Those options are somewhere in the global settings. 

You can also re-assign the BANK UP/DOWN to be PATCH UP/DOWN if you prefer... the patch change becomes instant, but incremental.