Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Artist Created Patches

Oggyswain

Hi I am pulling the plug on a Helix LT. Can't wait. I currently am using a Boss GT100. 

What I like about BossToneCentral is that there are professional patches that are made by world-renowned guitarists.

Is that the case for Helix Patches. I know it comes with some standard patches but I have only seen patches from users, which is great but I would like some standards if possible. David Gilmour patches. 50's guitar sounds etc.

Can someone enlighten me on the sounds that come with the Helix or downloadable from world-renowned guitarists?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Oggyswain said:

Hi I am pulling the plug on a Helix LT. Can't wait. I currently am using a Boss GT100. 

What I like about BossToneCentral is that there are professional patches that are made by world-renowned guitarists.

Is that the case for Helix Patches. I know it comes with some standard patches but I have only seen patches from users, which is great but I would like some standards if possible. David Gilmour patches. 50's guitar sounds etc.

Can someone enlighten me on the sounds that come with the Helix or downloadable from world-renowned guitarists?

Thanks

Good thing they are free on boss, the sound..... bad...

But no, on helix it is payable the premium patches. 

Check this guy https://glenndelaune.com/patch downloads.htm

• Like 1

If you scour the forum quite a bit, you can find lots of free IR's and free presets (some just amps some full presets).  A lot will have to do with your monitoring situation, and your gear you play through with it as those are variables that will dramatically affect the end result of any preset you download. 

Of course you can pay for presets and IRs as well, I haven't really liked a lot of the paid presets I bought, but I do typically retain the presets for referrals back if I like a certain amp sound or something.  With the Boss series (I came from there and Fractals) you can save your amp settings as a 'user' setting.  THe Helix can't, but I hope it will someday....but what I have done is create a 'setlist' where I save presets that I like certain things on and then rename them.  So if I find a David Gilmourish style amp sound, but I don't like the rest of the preset, I will save it as David Gilmour OD or something as a reference for when I want to create my own stuff to save time.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it is a bit different world.  I think over all though you'll be happy with the move.  The GT100 is a solid unit, but I feel both the sound and routing options of the Helix LT eclipse it by far.

In terms of other artists and official packs - I do think the stuff is out there.  Often the user created patches are incredibly good. Or they get you really close and so with some tweaking you land where you want to be. Sometimes when I've hit a brick wall I've bought some premium stuff (Glenn's stuff referenced above is always excellent). 

Over all you'll probably decide that that is a strength of the GT100, but that pretty soon you're glad you traded it for what you gained. 

Definitely check out the guy suggested by arislaf above. Here's a direct link to the Youtube videos demonstrating Glenn's patches:
https://www.youtube.com/user/extremevideopro/videos

Gilmour patch demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgRDtXiuHJk

There are are other people doing this too, Google brings forth a bunch of results. I think you'll be pretty pleased with your purchase.

• Upvote 1