Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Default Fx Block Settings

jsmalkowski

I've had my HD500 for about three months now and there's one thing that's bothered me this whole time, and I'm not sure if I missed it in the manual or if it's just not possible. There are certain effects (mostly the Opto Tremolo, Reverse Delay, and Analog Flanger) that I choose to get a specific sound and effect that I never change across patches. For example, I always set the mix for the tremolo at 34% so it's not too crazy - and while this one parameter is a quick fix, the several parameters that I change in the Reverse Delay, Flanger, etc. are not as easy to change and frustrate me every time I have to set it up for a new patch. Is there a way to have the HD500 load different default parameters for a "pedal" than those it originally started with? I find it ridiculous that every tremolo starts with 100% mix and depth leading to a very ugly sound whenever you choose its effect. In other words, when I'm making a new patch and add an opto tremolo effect, can I have it load with 34% mix automatically, rather than 100%?

That's a good question. Being able to save "Favorite" settings for an effect, or maybe "Copy" an effect's settings from one patch to another would really help the users not have to "Re-invent the Wheel" every time we make a patch. A lot of multi effects companies have some similar feature in their products. These are both features that Line 6 left out, and are not possible on the HD500/X as far as I know. I could be wrong, and if I am I hope someone corrects me & lets us know how to do it.

I think this is one of those features that needs to be suggested on "Idea Scale" if it's not there already. I will check & see, and if not, add it to the list.

In the mean time, Anyone else out there have a work-around for this?

I guess the method in posts #3 & #4 are the best method that's available for now. Thanks guys! B)  Beats keeping settings in a spreadsheet. I went to check if a product improvement request was posted for this issue in "Line6 Ideascale", but I can't get on that site. Seems that Line 6 is having server issues right now.

I wish they had a way to do this, too. On the XT series, they had a couple of cool features that I wish they would carry over. The one was that you could save different default effect setups that you could run through by turning the "effect tweak" knob. The other one was that you could save default settings for each amp model. It made it pretty easy to create a tone from scratch.

Looks like the Line 6 Ideascale page is back up. I looked to see if someone posted a request for this issue. There is one, which you may want to vote for ("Agree with") to show how many people would like this feature. I can only assume that Line 6 uses the results of the ideascale site to help decide what enhancements/new features to work on for updtaes & new products.

You might want to register on Line 6's ideascale site and vote for this:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/POD-HD-Copy-Paste-Settings/509095-23508

• Upvote 1