Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to stop all midi messages when I change presets

mbonde

I have a setup where the Helix LT controls a Beatbuddy (drummachine) and a Boomrang looper through midi. When I change presets on the Helix the Beatbuddy automatically changes to the right song. It works really well, until today.

I would like to be able to change guitars during a song. Playing the acoustic while singing, and then change to the electric for a solo. The problem is that when I change preset during a song, the Helix sends out a midi command that changes the drum beat on the Beatbuddy. I have removed all midi messages from command center. When I change to an empty preset I have the same problem. 

So my question is this. How do I make sure that the Helix does not send any midi messages, when I change presets?

16 hours ago, mbonde said:

I have removed all midi messages from command center. When I change to an empty preset I have the same problem. 

So my question is this. How do I make sure that the Helix does not send any midi messages, when I change presets?

I've got a powercab so i use the midi section to change my speaker modeling per preset or snapshot.

What you tell is really strange, if you change preset without sending a midi order, nothing would happened....This is the case with the PC+, i stay on the same speaker....

Have you saved your preset after removing midi message in command center ?

I don't understand why you have the same problem in an empty preset... 

16 hours ago, mbonde said:

Go to Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo and set PC Send to Off. That will make it so the PC messages associated with each preset are sent automatically when you change presets.