Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can The M-units Do This Pre/post Routing?

rudomat

hi!

i guess it´s not possible to do this with an m9, right?

post-49760-0-60379400-1385973799_thumb.jpg

that would be a really great feature for the future!

any tips if i could reach that? actually i want not to return to the main amp, but in a second amps´ return...

thanks!

The M13 can essentially do that - you can change the position of an effect by hooking it up in the 4 cable method and changing the position of the M13's effect loop on a scene by scene basis. The M9 can't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. The lack of 4 cable capability of the M9 almost kept me from getting it. I wouldn't have minded dropping a few more bucks, but the M13 just takes up way too much real estate for what I need.

The M9 is designed to be used in front of the amp, but the first year I had it, I used it in the loop. Obviously this kept me from taking advantage of a number of it's effects, but the delays and mod effects are much nicer in the loop. Unfortunately, there was too much trade-off, so I now use it in-line as it's intended. Ya can't have it both ways with M9.

Phil's correct - you need 4 cable handling to accomplish that - something M9 does not offer.