Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Find "save Panel"

darkcloud1

In reading the "How to save and load your POD HD500X presets....it states in the last bullet point

"Use the Save Panel options to "send" the desired presets.....This action permanently overwrites the respective Presets within your device's internal memory."

WHERE is the Save Panel? I can only see "Save as" from the pull-down menu....

pretty much all of the SEND buttons....

you can send one... the setlist... or all....

I'm confused, sorry for being a bonehead... Which one of those buttons Saves the patch to the POD? I want to keep the same patches after I turn it off and back on again.

Okay, thanks...so the SEND  = save? I would never have guessed. Does the RECEIVE = delete? jut kidding, thanks for the prompt answer.

FYI - for some awesome premade patches this is the best place (for some reason it won't let me paste the link)

glenndelane.com.patch

The SEND/RECEIVE terminology is accurate because it reflects the fact that two different devices are involved when using the Edit program. The Edit program is running on your computer, so it does SEND and RECEIVE the preset information to/from the HD500 device. The SAVE terminology (there is no DELETE) in the Edit program refers to copying the preset information from your computer's program RAM to the hard drive - exactly what the Save command does for any computer program. You would quickly get confused if you expected that using the Edit program's Save command actually transferred/sent the info to the HD500 device.

The SAVE terminology makes perfect sense when you are using the HD500 device itself rather than the Edit program; the HD500 SAVE command copies preset information from its RAM to its internal hard drive, just as you would expect. But the difference is important, and reflected by the different terminology.

Thanks Real Zap.

Silverhead: I don't think we are speaking about the same issue, I understand what send and receive do and mean and never asked.  As stated in my first post...the Line6 instructions online (saving patches) say go to the save panel, not Send or Receive so naturally, one would look for the word save and the save panel. It would be accurate to say in order to save the patch to the unit, go to the send and receive panel which functions as the save panel; or just take the word save out in the heading and explanation and use the correct terminology.