Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blown Away

rsvette12

No really - Helix LT arrived today - holy crap - this thing blows Native out of the water and my interface is no slouch (rig kontrol 3) 

I didn't realize what I was missing - you should have told me lol - stunning 

I bought a lot of presets yah ok they sound pretty good in Native - now I realize these guys made some killer presets because it doesnt sound like that in my daw 

I luv this thing - the response the sound the feel of every strike on a string is crazy 

Guys how hard is it to start recording in daw with it, meaning if I change snapshots will it record real time without having to set up midi or something ? - to giddy to try it yet - thanks for any help

• Like 2

Really? Are you saying the Helix LT sounds better than Helix Native? Are you sure, because it shouldn't.  There are a few things that may need consideration.

• Are you playing both through the same speaker, or set of speakers?
  • Do you have any EQ or filter compensation on your interface or in your DAW that you forgot to disengage?
  • Are you sure your input level is set appropriately in Native so your guitar it hitting it with the same amount of gain? It's plug and play with the LT but it needs adjusting in Native depending on your setup.
  • Could it have to do with feel? IMO, a little latency can play tricks with the mind.

That said... I love my LT and don't use my copy of Native nearly as much... but it's not because of any difference in tone, it's out of convenience. 

• Upvote 1

Yes playing thru same headset HD 650X and I use little dot III and a emotiva digital great setup - its amazing

I did not forget :)

Input level was fine

I never noticed any latency

Noticed my hardware global volume knob is way louder now than it was on the rig kontrol  - so maybe rig kontrol was just not up to it

I agree going to sell my rig kontrol - LT suits all my needs, tried recording and yup records real time no problems - have my Alto ts 310 on the way - my new Kali LP-6 monitors are awesome - very happy now - thanks Guys