Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Glitz Reverb Level change with Mix

tedjallen

Hello,

I am running the latest available FW at the present time (2.71) and am experiencing an unexpected drastic (at least to me) change in overall output volume when increasing the Glitz reverb mix from 22% to 100% when switching from one snapshot to another with no other effects being enabled/bypassed amd no other parameters being changed on any effects.  I am seeing about a 4dB increase in iverall output level when making this mix adjustment.

Is this an issue anyone else has experienced?  I know there were reported issues in early 2018 with differences in the Glitz stereo reverb left and right channels, but I didn’t see anything reported about an overall output level change for either the stereo or mono Glitz reverb.  I know the new reverbs were made significantly wetter in FW 2.60 and Inhad to make substantial adjustments to accommodate, however, I don’t recall if the output level issue I’m seeing now was occurring prior to that.

Thanks,

Ted

When you go up in mix with the reverb, you are going down in the dry signal. The perceived volume of the dry signal to me is always louder than the reverb signal. You may have to turn up the reverb level as you turn up the mix beyond 50% to compensate for the loss of the dry signal