Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mic Input Not Working

MinisterX

Hi everyone,

so here's the scoop.... I have a condenser microphone with Phantom 48V power connected to my POD, in this order:

Microphone (BM-800) > XLR Cable > Phantom Power > XLR Cable > POD Mic In.

In my POD, Input 1 is set as Guitar + Aux, and Input 2 is selected as Mic.

I was not able to get anything out of the microphone at all.

Microphone works on its own if I connect it to my computer.

I tested everything with my DAW (Fruity Loops) and ASIO drivers - Fruty can't pick up anything from Input 2. Guitar works fine... I even tried setting Mic in Input 1, but nothing happened.

Tried using different cables, but that didn't work as well.

Tried different presets for vocals but that didn't work.

Can you please let me know on how I can solve this? Thanks so much!

8 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

turn up the mic volume level control physical knob on the rear panel of your device

That doesn't work unfortunately - it just increases the volume of the static/gain from the preset which I pick. But still nothing coming out from the mic.

1 hour ago, hurghanico said:

if by turning the up the mic level knob the noise floor increases, it means that the POD internal mic pre-amp is working fine..

but if you don't get any signal from the mic connected, IMO something in the connection is broken, it could be the cable or the POD XLR socket

Is there any way to test if the POD XLR socket is broken? I tried 3 different XLR cables (2 of them brand new).

24 minutes ago, MinisterX said:

Is there any way to test if the POD XLR socket is broken? I tried 3 different XLR cables (2 of them brand new).

One way to test it would be to connect a different mic to Pod which does not require phantom power (SM87 or something similar). 

• 1 year later...