Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V Custom Tones now usable

himynameisflo

hey boys,

in the custom tone area is a option you can search for presets for the spider V....ive heard that the AMP is only getting tones about the android or apple App....is this right? or is now the custom tone area for PC??? ive looking forward to an spider V amp but i will not buying the amp when the PC APP is not support custom tones or the tone cloud....

greets 

flo

47 minutes ago, phil_m said:

You can download and load tones from Customtone using the PC editor. There is no tone cloud support on the PC editor, though.

Yeah pretty much, 

you can download Tones here

https://line6.com/customtone/browse/spiderv/

or from the cloud.... The databases of tones on the site and cloud are not the same. 

You can also run the Android App in a virtual machine on a PC which will give you access to the tones in the Cloud, and allow you to edit them in the PC version without having to swap the connections between your phone/mobile device and your PC.

• Thanks 1

ive ordered my spider 240 now....no problem....every custom tone or preset is possible to do by youself...when you have the attiutude :-) but its faster when you can use the cloud...i think the the custom tone site is the pc usable tonecloud....thats the only reason what makes sense... (but we all know that line 6 is not working with making sense things)i know about the problem with the pc remote control and no usable tonecloud, but maybe thats the solution....i can say more when my spider is here...thanks bros for the answers....in a few days there is no headache from the pocket pod :-) 

Well I searched for "Queen" on the android app and got back 30 results... When I searched on Custom tone... I only got back 8 results.....buuuuuut
Just for giggles I uploaded a tone from android, and low and behold there it was on the customtone site... so whatever. lol

Thank you Line 6 !!!    I think I like this solution even better than just creating Windows 10 Spider Remote cloud access.   I would much rather upload and download tone files and organize them into folders on my PC anyway.   This news just made my day. 

• 5 months later...

Ive got the latest app on my Imac. Everything works great with the exception of when I try to load a tone from my hard disk that has been downloaded from Custom Tone or Saved from the app to my Hard Drive. The amp just fails and closes down.

Ive restarted the Imac but same issue.

Anyone got a fix?

Also in answer to joesitides - There is big difference in the number of presets - If i search Custom Tome for Queen on my Imac via web I get 13 if I use the App on my Iphone I get 30 but if I use the Imac App I get 169. BIG differences.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 4:51 PM, DCWALSH said:

Ive got the latest app on my Imac. Everything works great with the exception of when I try to load a tone from my hard disk that has been downloaded from Custom Tone or Saved from the app to my Hard Drive. The amp just fails and closes down.

Ive restarted the Imac but same issue.

Anyone got a fix?

Short question : Ddi yo select the right amp model at the top of the screen ?