Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem With Spider Iv 120 Effects

marshalljp95

I've recently started having issues on my spider iv 120 amplifier. No matter what mode I'm in (manual or a preset) it has this problem. The first effects knob containing the smart harmony, gain, and autowah turns itself on. Say for instance, I turn on the amp, and start jamming and it's just fine. But if the knob gets touched or the amp is up loud enough to vibrate at all, any one of these effects on this knob randomly comes on. Most of the time it's the auto wah or smart harmony. Even if the knob is put in the off position, or if i have my preset saved with no effects. It does this on any preset and in manual mode. When I turn the knob back to off and let go, it just jumps back to whatever effect it decided to turn on itself. I've never seen a spider act this way. It appears to be an issue with the knob. But I don't know. If anyone could help me with how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

The 'loose knob' syndrome is known, but hadn't heard it happening on anything but the volume knobs before.   Touching the knobs activates them, so that is normal behavior, but the fact that if you turn it off and it still goes back on is not good.  You could try a factory reset (note that this will delete all your user patches), but this might be something that needs to be looked at by a service center.