Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport Kb37 Not Working Correctly

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my KB37, and though it may end up being more than a Windows problem than a TonePort problem, I figured I would ask here anyway.

Essentially, I have been using the KB37 as an audio controller for my laptop ever since I bought the thing. The only recent change would be that I updated the driver. Since that, however, something really strange has been happening. When I use Reason to record or playback files, everything works fine. I can record into the KB37 and hear everything coming out of it. For everything other than Reason (system sounds, internet browsers, other applications), nothing works. The speaker icon in the bottom right corner (on Windows 7, by the way) has a small red circle with an "x" through it. When clicked, it automatically brings up the troubleshooting window, saying that the "audio device is disabled." Naturally, I went to the control panel, and under "playback," the KB37 has a green checkmark and seems functional. When double clicked, it says that the device is enabled, but that there is "no jack information available." Here's where it gets weird. Back in the sound panel under the "recording" tab, the internal mic is instead selected. When I check the properties of the KB37 here, it again says that no jack information is availble, but it is still enabled. However, when I click the "listen" tab in the properties window, "Listen to this device" is unchecked and playback is set to default. If I try to check the box and switch playback to the KB37, it will not let me press OK or Apply. The buttons aren't grayed out, but nothing happens when they are pressed.

I have already attempted restarting the computer, unplugging the KB37 and plugging it back in, uninstalling the driver and starting from scratch, and yet nothing seems to work. I have looked at various message boards for similar problems, but every solution is different and no solutions have worked for me yet. Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

This fix, that I found on Microsoft's site, authored by "orangemango" worked for me!!  I had tried EVERYTHING up to this point...

go to start search and type cmd search will return cmd.exe right click on this and select 'run as administrator' at the prompt type:-

net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
press enter then type:
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
press enter then type:
exit
press enter and restart your computer

I don't pretend to understand exactly why this works, but it fixed my problem!!

• 9 months later...