Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Presonus Studio one v2 Full and Helix Native - Does it work?

steFsyk

hello,

I really would love to buy Helix Native, since I can get the discounted price due to the Helix LT I just bought...BUT I'm working on my DAW with Presonus Studio One v2 FULL and reading the Helix Native details I found that it can work just with Presonus Studio One v3 Professional or above.

So I just need to know...is there any chance that Helix Native will work with Presonus Studio One v2 FULL?

hope someone can help me out to fix this issue.

best to everyone,

steF

2 hours ago, steFsyk said:

hello,

I really would love to buy Helix Native, since I can get the discounted price due to the Helix LT I just bought...BUT I'm working on my DAW with Presonus Studio One v2 FULL and reading the Helix Native details I found that it can work just with Presonus Studio One v3 Professional or above.

So I just need to know...is there any chance that Helix Native will work with Presonus Studio One v2 FULL?

hope someone can help me out to fix this issue.

best to everyone,

steF

Hi steF,

The easy way to check if Native will work properly with your version of Studio One is simply download the demo version of the plugin and install that. If it works, then fine, you can pay for the discounted full version and get the registration details to turn you demo into the unrestricted full Native. Any issues with the demo not loading or causing problems with the DAW then you have not lost any money.

Oh, yeah - option two - upgrade your copy of Studio One to the revision number that is stated to work with Helix Native.

Option 3 - there are lots of other recording software solutions out there - and many are free!

The choice is yours.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

hey!

thank you so much! actually a minute after I posted this topic I thought the same thing about trying the trial version before as well. but I'm so excited about what's coming out from my LT that I was anxious about getting the native for recording purposes.

and surely I'll have a check if I can upgrade my Studio One to the latest version, but just don't know if I can upgrade for free...I'll have a check.

best! 

• Thanks 1

Just tried the trial version and it works with Presonus Studio One v2 Full as well.

I imported my patch I did on the Helix LT, that was connected via USB to my DAW, and it sounds slightly different but it's normal since the workflow is changed since I plugged my guitar into my sound device that is a Focusrite Saffire.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, steFsyk said:

Just tried the trial version and it works with Presonus Studio One v2 Full as well.

I imported my patch I did on the Helix LT, that was connected via USB to my DAW, and it sounds slightly different but it's normal since the workflow is changed since I plugged my guitar into my sound device that is a Focusrite Saffire.

Good to hear that you got Studio One v2 Full to work OK.

As far as the sound from Native goes, that should be identical to the sound from your LT, it’s the same software engine!

I ditched my old Saffire after updating to an iMac Retina 5k that didn’t have FireWire ports and Thunderbolt to FW cables didn’t do the job either. Seems that Apple have decided that FireWire is obsolete. Lucky for me that my Helix Floor, like your LT, is an 8 channel audio interface via USB. This allows me to capture a clean mono DI signal along with the processed stereo Helix sound into Logic. Having that original clean guitar track recorded means at any time later, even when the hardware Helix is not available, I can re-amp through Native as many time as I like. This allows for a lot of experimentation. You should give it a try.

Have fun!