Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Digitech drop

rsvette12

9 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Crazy question if you add a drop to the helix and you record will the tuning Eb for instance be recorded in DAW ? thanks 

Well, given that pitch shifting is that device's one and only function, it would be mind-numbingly useless if it didn't... they'd have to start calling it the Digitech Nothing. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, rsvette12 said:

Thanks Guys :)

I will use Helix built in version for now - just curious 

Just so you are aware the Helix does not have a Digitech Drop model. It does have some pitch shifting that is meant for single notes not chords. Some people have tried using it polyphonic and have gotten it to work but anytime I try it like that there are digital artifacts.  Line 6 has said they are working on polyphonic effects, probably including polyphonic pitch shifting but that might be a couple of updates away. (I'm really hoping the pitch shift will work with clean chords and also virtual capo)

So try it and see if it works for you but it may not, also if you hear both the original pitch and new pitch at the same time check that the mix parameter is at 100%.

Edited by Cody_smith
grammar
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Digitech drop on he way I like the idea of having a global drop :) 

I keep almost buying one but then I stop holding out hope for a Helix model.

It's a great pedal. Have fun with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

A pedal that will drop your tuning without actually detuning your strings on your guitar - guitar stays in standard tuning - I only need Eb  - 1/2 step down for various songs

If you run Drop into Helix and then your DAW - Helix will see whatever Drop is sending.