Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native with pod Farm?? Or other DAW?

Pat6969

I'm struggling with Native in Reaper, pops, cracks, quick drop outs. Truth be told, I'm not good with setting up a laptop and recording. I was hoping to find an easy, no fuss method for using Native and recording a few tracks. Would Pod Farm be the ticket or am I just looking for something that doesn't exist?

It can be no fuss, but you need a pretty up-to-date computer with sufficient CPU and RAM. Once you get everything set up and working it should be just fine, but if you're new to it there will be a bit of a learning curve. Does Reaper's stock guitar amp work OK for you?

On 3/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, Pat6969 said:

I'm struggling with Native in Reaper, pops, cracks, quick drop outs. Truth be told, I'm not good with setting up a laptop and recording. I was hoping to find an easy, no fuss method for using Native and recording a few tracks. Would Pod Farm be the ticket or am I just looking for something that doesn't exist?

As "soundog" states in the reply above, you need a computer with sufficient muscle for the task of processing audio. There could be many reasons for the cracking, popping and drop out that you are experiencing at the moment, but stick with it and you'll get there. As a POD Farm (owner/former user) is no where near as good sonically, and its about 10 years out of date -  while it is not exactly obsolete, it has been superseded by a superior technology. Native is the plugin to use.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, Pat6969 said:

I'm struggling with Native in Reaper, pops, cracks, quick drop outs. 

Additional info re: pops, cracks and drop out, check out the 4th reply from “phil_m” in this thread.

https://line6.com/support/topic/42315-anyone-use-reaper-with-the-helix/

Hope this helps.