Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Song produced exclusively using the Helix

jbarney1991

Hey everyone. So I just finished up recording a series of singles with my band and I exclusively used the Line 6 Helix on all the guitar parts. It was a fun process and my producer was very pleased with the results. He had actually never heard of it when I brought it to him. He suggested mic'ing my cab or using one of his amp sims that he uses and we tried some things and alot of them sounded great. I told him I would bring my helix and show him the next day. He was very impressed with the interface, the sound quality and the seemingly unlimited possibilities. So here is our first single entitled "Very Well". I used the tweed blues brt for cleans and the cali recto for high gain. Also used ownhammers 412 mesa v30 impulse response. I think some of the mastering squashed the distortion quite a bit but i'm still pleasantly surprised at how it all came out. If you have any questions about my rig feel free to ask! Thanks :)

• Like 3

The Mix is great - And the guitars sound authentic sounding. Excellent

tweaking to get a really nice tone without IDing to a specific amp. 

Re: The Video I love the Bass  Players disassociation from the 

band...on the iPhone - Standing cockeyed looking bored - very witty

and  poignant. 

I take exception to the lyrics - the concept behind them is 

great - it's a great story - but the words used are pedestrian and bland IMO. 

Although - I'm also older - is this a style that I'm too old 

to appreciate?LOL!

• Thanks 1

Haha! That's just my vocalist's style I guess! I never had any problem with his use of words... However.. I don't typically listen to lyrics.. I'm more into the melodies and production. So to answer your question.. No I don't think it's a style I just think maybe it's his style of delivery.. Thanks everyone for the compliments! I am very happy with the Line 6 Helix and the way this turned out. I can't wait to use it live! Rock on!

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times..."rock and roll needs more racquetball integration".   :)!

Nice tune, nice tone, and I commend both guitar players for resisting the urge to play lots of fast notes.  It wouldn't fit the song, so it's not there.  Great job!

• Thanks 1