Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp. Tap tempo only for presets I need tap?

boris_plotnikov

I just get my new HX Stomp, I like it so much and I am very impressed! However one thing looks strange for me. I use tempo based delays sometimes, but not for each tone. So is it possible to assign FS3 to tap tempo only for presets where I use tap delay, while use FS3 as third stomp for another presets? It looks like it is global setting and as I really need tap for two tones, for other ten tones I have useless blinking knob which I'd prefer to use for something else. Any solution?

2 hours ago, boris_plotnikov said:

I just get my new HX Stomp, I like it so much and I am very impressed! However one thing looks strange for me. I use tempo based delays sometimes, but not for each tone. So is it possible to assign FS3 to tap tempo only for presets where I use tap delay, while use FS3 as third stomp for another presets? It looks like it is global setting and as I really need tap for two tones, for other ten tones I have useless blinking knob which I'd prefer to use for something else. Any solution?

Unfortunately, for now these can only be assigned globally, no preset by preset.

The only solution I can think of would be to get a dual footswitch (assuming you don't use one already). For $20, it can be a pretty workable solution. 

You can set the delay to be either a millisecond time or a beat fraction (which takes its tempo from the global setting).

Not at my studio computer so can't do a screenshot.  My LT manual says

SHORTCUT: For most time-based parameters such as delay time or modu- lation speed, press the knob to toggle between setting the value in ms or Hz and note divisions (1/4-note, dotted 1/8-note, etc.).

8 minutes ago, arkieboy said:

So here's a delay patch with left set to note sync (tap tempo) and the right side set to a fixed delay time.   Just click on the clock to toggle between note sync and time

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 17.25.02.png

That's not what he's asking... He basically wants to not have to use FS3 as the tap/tuner switch in every preset. This is a Global Setting, so right now it's not possible.

5 hours ago, phil_m said:

That's not what he's asking... He basically wants to not have to use FS3 as the tap/tuner switch in every preset. This is a Global Setting, so right now it's not possible.

you're right.  apologies.  trying to answer at work!

37 minutes ago, boris_plotnikov said:

I finally make a decision to make an expression2 and FS4 in one small box and set FS4 to tap, I miss blinking a bit, but I can live without it. Anyway I plan to use whole device tabletop for gigs where I need a lot of effects.

KyKLKxA6h_0.jpg

Looks cool . . .also . . . I know you probably thought of this, but you could keep using the FS3 for the tap/tempo - keeping the blinky lights - and use the external footswitch to control the stomp box you want. 

Obviously it's a trade off because then you're giving up the glow of the stompbox (green for delay, orange for reverb, etc.) in exchange for the blinky tap tempo. No matter what you have to sacrifice something.

Cool setup though. 

I prefer to keep FS3 for stomp instead of tap because it also have reminder what is programmed to it in this patch, and in some cases if I can't put pedal tabletop I need FS3 more than tap. I can bend to tap, while it is not so comfortable to bend for effect on off, this knob is small but not foot friendly.

• Like 1